Wednesday, January 18, 2017

11 weeks 4 days

Well, things are still moving along! I haven't brown spotted in almost a week and I am officially getting a little bump! Can't believe this Saturday I will be 12 weeks! Insane. I am feeling ok, still very tired, and have no motivation at all to do much. But coasting along.

So today I went in to have my blood drawn for the cfDNA testing. I also had a nice sit down meeting with my genetic counselor. We talked about all of the things they will be looking for with the bloodwork and the upcoming ultrasound on the 23rd. I am 38, had 5 miscarriages and have a ton of issues - so naturally, being high risk as I am, they are being extra careful with me. There is a lot that I am up against here and I know that. This TNF crap is a real issue, and will be a real issue throughout the pregnancy. Inflammation is no good, so I have to figure out how I am going to maintain that - which my GC said she will research as much as she can to help me along the way with this. I really liked her....she genuinely seemed like she cared.

  Anyway, so the bloodwork will take 7-10 days for it to come in, and we will have the ultrasound results right away. So hopefully by the end of next week, I will learn all I need to learn about the baby. We will know the sex, and if it will have any chromosome issues or not. Scary times ahead, and I just pray everything comes out perfect. But only time will tell us those answers. For now, things are still kicking and I am happy about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment