Friday, October 30, 2015

Progesterone?!

So it turns out it wasn't the Lovenox that was creating the weird side effects I was having, it was the progesterone!! Since last thurs I experienced rapid heart rate and chest pain. Over the past 2 days, the chest pain progressively got worse and started to really concern me. I told my doctors and they urged me to go straight to the ER.

  I went, knowing this would be a huge bill to add to the list, but hey better than dying I suppose. Their main concern was a pulmonary embolism in my lung which can be caused by progesterone. Since I have two clotting disorders...they wanted to be sure I didn't have that. So after numerous tests and an ekg, everything came back perfect. They just told me I was most likely having an adverse reaction to the progesterone and to stop taking it immediately.

  So I am happy that it wasn't the Lovenox, because that is what I truly feel I need. But I am scared because I have been on the progesterone for a week straight, 3 times a day. I hope my body doesn't crash off of it and it has a negative effect on my uterine lining. I asked my nurse if there was another type of progesterone I could take...like maybe a different brand! Or an oral pill? But she said she is going to consult with my doctor and get back to me. I have taken progesterone in the past, the oral kind, and I had no effects whatsoever! So I don't know why this one didn't do well with me? Sucks.

  As of now, I am still taking the baby aspirin and Lovenox and I just pray my natural progesterone will kick in and do it's job!

Always something, I tell ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment