Monday, June 20, 2016

Testing...aggainn

Tomorrow will mark my final retesting of my NKCells and TH1/TH2 (to see if my TNFa has lowered). It's a big deal because this will lay down the bricks to see if I can TTC in July or not. I have several options based on what the results are.

1. I have an appt set up on June 29th for a consultation with a dr. regarding endometriosis. I want to see if I can get a laproscopy done to determine if I have it - and if so - to treat it. I have read that endometriosis can trigger inflammation which raises TNFa. So if I can find the culprit as to why my TNFa is being spiked - then maybe I can get it under control once and for all instead of just suppressing it with drugs. The cons of this is that the surgery always runs risks, and also - it will push our TTC time back to like Aug/Sept. Which is fine, but the LIT only lasts in your system for about 9 months. We are already on month 2 since the treatment. So I don't really have time to waste here.

2. If my TNFa is low enough to where it can be controlled/lowered with a shot of intralipids or sterioids, then maybe it can be suppressed enough to where it won't matter if endometriosis is an issue if I can keep it under control. Cons: drugs. Which I really don't like.

3. IVIg. This apparently is the best way to control TNFa. It resets your immune system and brings everything down. Con: EXPENSIVE. I really don't wish to spend $2500 per shot here. I mean, what if I get this damn shot - and I don't get pregnant right away! It's like tossing money down the toilet!!


So clearly you see my dilemmas. I have been taking so many supplements that I am PRAYING they will be good enough to knock it down the rest of the way naturally. My nightstand looks insane. I am on so many things! haha! I mean, the vitamins I have been taking knocked it down from 61.5 to 37.1 in a month. So it will definitely be interesting to see if it takes it down even further since my last test. I have also added some new ones in the mix so I am just praying they do the job!

Other than that...just have to wait and see. I really can't wait to try again. But I am nervous as all hell!! It's pretty scary stuff, but unfortunately, ya just have to grin and bear it in order to hopefully bring home that little rainbow. I have several virtual friends that I made online on my support forums that were in the same boat as me. Well, recurrent miscarriages, but different issues. But one just had a beautiful baby girl and the other is almost out of her scary 1st trimester! I am so happy for them, and hope that I will be next in line! We shall see how my cards play out....

No comments:

Post a Comment