Tuesday, June 7, 2016

New plans

I had my followup with my doctor last week. We went over the upcoming plans that we will need to prepare for TTC again in July. Basically, with the LIT procedure being effective, my only real obstacle that I have left is the high TNFa. I need to get that number down below 30. I have already been able to drop it down from 61.5 to 37.1 with supplements which is amazing. My doctor was really impressed - but it's not quite there. So I will keep on the supplements - even adding a few more in the cocktail - and retest everything in 2 weeks to see if there is any more improvement.

  If there is improvement - she will likely put me on intralipids to hopefully keep it down. However, she said the most effective thing to do to specifically target TNFa would be the IVIg. Which would suck because it's $2500 a shot. I feel I will have to do this regardless if it comes below 30 or not because inflammation can increase once pregnant and it can't come back up again. Sucks. '

  It's all so scary. One little thing can go wrong and boom, it's all over again. I have allowed myself 6 months to mentally prepare myself again. I gave myself a lot of time to get my mind right. While also clearly doing things to hopefully prevent it from happening again. But the thought will forever my engraved in my mind that nothing is guaranteed, and that another miscarriage is still very real and very likely. But it cannot stop me from trying again. I will do everything I can to try and prevent it. But it's just a sad fact I have to face that it just might happen again.

  Anyway, one step at a time. Right now, I am trying to eat better, exercise, and just live in the moment as best as I can. We will see where I am at in 2 weeks. From there, I will decide what the best course of action is. Baby steps. Yep. Baby steps to hopefully get baby steps one day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment