Monday, October 3, 2016

Gearing up again

I have reached cycle day 9 and this weekend we will start trying again. It's crazy how fast time flies. I just got back from a pre-anniversary weekend getaway at a family friends cabin. Just me and the husband and our dog Bailey. It was a perfect getaway. Surrounded by trees - no one around. Just us and nature. It was so peaceful. In the mornings, we'd sit on the porch and watch the deer play and graze right in front of us! It was almost out of a storybook. So yeah, needless to say it was very nice and much needed.

  Now I am back to the grind and prepping to start up again this month. I have weaned myself off steroids and will be off of them for a solid week until I start up again around ovulation. That will give my body a little break in between. I've been on the plaquenil now for a little over 2 months now. I am really hoping it's taking effect in my system. They say it can take up to 3 months for it to be at it's strongest...but I hope this is still enough time to make a difference. I am a small person, so hopefully that will work to my advantage.

  I will be doing another course of intralipids again this month - so I have to obviously time ovulation accordingly again. I will start testing the OPK's on thursday. The last cycle ended so weird, and my period was just bizarre - so I hope I can predict everything ok this cycle - and that things have sorted themselves out down there. It's hard to predict ovulation when you have wonky cycles sometimes.

 Anyway, so here we go again. I am bracing myself for another very long two/three weeks. I am going to try not to stress, although I said that last month and by the end of it all - I completely disregarded that rule. It's hard sometimes to not get all worked up when you are trying so hard to make something work, and it doesn't. So I will just take things one step at a time and see where the road leads this time. Will update when I know more. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment