Tuesday, February 9, 2016

NK Cell testing...check!

Well yesterday my husband and I went in to get our blood taken for the NKCell assay. I guess she needed my husbands blood too so they can run ours next to each other to see how my immune system reacts with his. I had to get 7 vials of blood taken and man, what a process. I hadn't had any water to drink that morning since all I was sipping on was coffee. Well apparently it caused my blood to come out veerrryy slowly. Just dripping in one little plop at a time. That NEVER happens. Usually its like a damn waterfall! Oddly enough, same thing happened to my husband as well! Made me wonder if the girl was doing it accurately.

  Either way, we managed to get enough to send off for testing, so now we will wait til hopefully the end of this week to learn the results. I just want answers and I am praying that this will provide us with some. I am sure we are out this month to try again, since even though we will have the results at the end of this week (hopefully) we still need to go back in to see the dr. and make the gameplan. I expect I will be ovulating late this weekend (sunday or monday if it is on schedule) so I am positive that won't give us enough time to get things in order for this month. So next month we will hopefully be good to go with a new plan!

  I do know she wants me to start lovenox on day 6 of my cycle instead of after ovulation. And if my NKCells are elevated, then we will be doing steroids and other infusions as well. That medication is going to cost around 5k I believe. Hopefully my insurance will help pick up the tab, but since it's fertility related - that's highly doubtful. What's even more discouraging is who knows if it will even work! So that may be 5k I am just flushing down the toilet. Man I really need to win the lottery. I am slowly sinking and sinking further in debt. :(

  Anyway, well I will keep updating as I learn more. In the meantime, I am going to do my best to keep my head from spinning this week while I wait for the results!

No comments:

Post a Comment