Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Thoughts on results

So I FINALLY got *some* of my results back. I am still waiting for 2 other panels as well as my husbands results as well. But this panel that I just received was kind of a bombshell. My nurse was nice enough to send me the report so I can do some of my own interpretations and research before my consultation with my doctor on Tues to go over everything in much greater detail. But she knows how impatient and stressed I am - so I can't thank her enough for allowing me to go ahead and do some research for peace of mind.

  With that said, through my research on good ol' google...I believe we have found our culprit. Nevermind the tests which levels came back a little out of range...my focus mainly is the TH1/TH2 results. My levels for the TNFa were INSANELY high. And after researching what that means - well as you read below - it isn't good. Basically my body is acting as if the embryo is a foreign object and getting rid of it. If what I researched is truly accurate - this would ALL MAKE SO MUCH SENSE to me. It would explain the chemical pregnancies. It would explain just so much! Because my issue was never the fact that I couldn't get pregnant - it was that it would never stick! And after every test that I've had - this would make the most sense. My body is attacking it! My immune system is through the roof! Probably would explain why I haven't even had a common cold in almost 2 years!! Not even lying!! I tried to remember the last time I was even sick! I believe it was the beginning of 2014! Crazy!

  I am not totally sure that helped play a part as to why I haven't been sick in a long time - but a hyperactive immune system would surely be a good clue as to why. Anyway...I am feeling very relieved. Not that there is something seriously wrong here - trust me - it sucks I have these issues and I hate that there are problems with my body. BUT. It gives me answers. AND. it's treatable!! I don't want to get ahead of myself here. This is only what google has told me. I can't sit here and play doctor and diagnose/treat myself. I have to wait to see what my doctor says about it all. Her professional and medical interpretation of it all. And as I feel that this is what is going on - she may surprise me with something entirely different. Could be worse news, could be positive. I will just have to wait and see on tuesday.

  Anyway, there are also some conflicting results like low NKCell count but high TNF. I'm not sure what that means or why. More questions for the dr. I suppose. Leave it to my body, I've always been a walking contradiction! lol

But for now...I am happy that at least we are getting some answers!! Answers that I truly believe will help make this nightmare go away!! I have found a newfound excitment I haven't felt in a while. Hope. I am trying to do what my nurse told me to do. Stay grounded, don't get scared/nervous/excited UNTIL you talk to the doctor. Take everything google has to say with a huge grain of salt. So I will focus on doing that. There could be a million other things that are wrong that I don't even know about. So I just have to keep waiting and talk to my doctor.

But man, I really hope and feel that we are making some ground here. I finally think we are on the right track.

No comments:

Post a Comment