Monday, August 15, 2016

Mindscapes.

When I was younger, whenever I would go through some hardships, I would usually take it out on my hair by either cutting it some crazy new cut, or dying it some random color. These days, I have been going crazy on obtaining things and selling things to "renew/replace" items in my house. I didn't even realize how bad it's become until my husband just pointed it out to me today.

 Over the past couple of months, I've replaced my patio set, guest room, master bedroom furniture, etc.etc.etc. Today I think he hit his limit when I told him I was thinking about listing our dinnerware for sale so I could replace them with another set. Why you ask? Well, I don't know. I found another set I like - and well, I don't know why. Just because! He said to me "I hope you fill whatever this void you are trying to fill soon, so you can just be content with the things we have". That hit me in the face hard - because he is so right. I have been doing everything I can these days to occupy my mind and thoughts that I have become almost obsessed with renovating our house for no reason!

  Granted - it's always fun to decorate and refresh your household items. But I realized it has become more than that today when he pointed out the dinnerware replacement. I am not a psychologist, but it would make sense that I am trying to fill a void. Moments of happiness are there in my life, but there is a piece to the puzzle that is missing in my heart. Hopefully it won't be too much longer now that I can have that completeness. In the meantime, hope my husband can put up with my craziness for a little longer!

No comments:

Post a Comment