Tuesday, December 6, 2016

5 Weeks 5 days

So today I had my first ultrasound. I was sooo nervous obviously going in but things went really well! I saw the gestational sac and the egg yolk! I am also measuring 5 weeks, 5 days which is 2 more days than what I was thinking I was (5 weeks 3 days).  Here is a pic of the sonogram:



One thing she did notice is that she didn't find my corpus luteum cyst on either ovary - which means it's a damn good thing I am on progesterone supplements because I would be seriously lacking. I don't know why I didn't produce one - not sure if being on the progesterone after ovulation forced my body to not make one or not. Who knows. I just hope the supplements do their job with no issues. I am on 600mg a day so my doctor thinks that is enough to get me through until hopefully the placenta takes over.

  I have the 6 week appt next thursday (the 15th) and hopefully things will have progressed enough to where we can see a God willing healthy heartbeat. I am cautiously optimistic and still realize anything can change at any moment...so I am sitting here happy, yet grounded. I just pray things continue going the way they are...*happy thoughts....happy thoughts*

2 comments: