Monday, September 28, 2015

D&C Nightmare

After I completed the D&C procedure...I went home to rest. My husband was amazing. I couldn't have asked for a better caregiver. He made me breakfast, lunch and dinner, bought be pads, went and got my prescriptions, did everything for me. I seriously don't know how I got so lucky. I had the procedure on a friday and was back at work by monday. 

All seemed well until thursday rolled around. I was at work when I just felt something down there. I hurried to the bathroom and without getting too descriptive - noticed I was bleeding A LOT. I guess there is no way around not getting too descriptive here. There was literally golf ball sized blood clots coming out. I obviously panicked and called my doctor immediately. They told me to come in asap for an ultrasound. I had the most severe cramping I've ever experienced as well! 

My coworker drove me to the doctor since I was in far too much pain to drive. I went in to get an ultrasound and they had to put towels on the floor while I undressed because I was bleeding that bad. They looked at my uterus and it was just FILLED with blood! They couldn't see anything! They brought me in the examination room where my doctor looked inside. She took samples of a blood clot and sent it to the lab for testing. They gave me a heavy prescription of motrin and I started feeling better. The bleeding was becoming less as well. 

They had no explanation other than perhaps there was some "products of conception" left behind and my body was trying to get rid of it. I hate that word btw. They sent me home and I rested in bed for the remainder of the night. They gave me the 3 pills to take that was option number 2 when I was deciding what to do about my baby. If there was products of conception left behind - those pills would take care of it. I took them that evening and they made me so sick. I threw up all night. It was awful. After 3 months of on and off bleeding...my body FINALLY regulated itself and it stopped. WHAT.A.NIGHTMARE. I will NEVER get another D&C again if Heaven forbid I have to cross that bridge again. Never.

No comments:

Post a Comment