Monday, September 28, 2015

Mentally preparing myself

I often sit back and think about everything that I have gone through til this point and it still amazes me. I am at the point where I don't really know where to go from here if God forbid this doesn't work and I suffer through yet another loss. I want to be strong for myself and my husband...but I have taken my lashings and I just want to be done. I understand the reality that the possibility of losing another is very high. So I have to mentally prepare myself.

   I don't want to be a "debbie downer" and I know having a positive mental attitude is very important. And believe me, I am trying. But I am also the type of person that kinda goes by the "hope for the best but expect the worst" kind of attitude. Many don't like this rational....but it's the way I am programmed. It's how I deal. Maybe it's a bit negative. But it's just how I think.


  Anyway, we try again next month. In like 3 weeks I have to go back to the doctor for an ultrasound to make sure I am going to ovulate next month. It's important to time this ovulation precisely because I have to take these injections literally right after. So I can't be off on my days. Timing is everything with this one.

  It makes me a bit sad. It's all so calculated. The fun has been stripped away. The excitement is gone. It's very scientific now more than anything. I feel like a guinea pig. I will always remember the excitement I had with the first positive. I will always miss that feeling. Now I am just petrified, curious, anxious and angry that it has even come to this. But as my nurse said - if this all works out - every single thing I did to get there will all be worth it. I hold on to that very hard. Every time I will have to prick myself with daily injections...I will think of that.

  If this doesn't work out...and I do miscarry again. They will test the embryo and find out what is going on. I read a blog where the woman who was literally going through the same thing. She had another miscarriage after everything. 4 losses, same medications, I literally could have written her blog. But she went on to have her "rainbow baby" as they call it. Her blog gave me hope. That even if God forbid my long road isn't over...that one day it will be. Hopefully with a happy ending as well. But regardless the outcome, I just hope someone who is going through what I am going through will stumble upon this blog and find some inspiration...or at the very least, someone to relate to.

No comments:

Post a Comment