Monday, September 28, 2015

Testing, Testing..1..2..

And so it begins. The insanity of the tests! I had to get roughly 20 viles of blood taken for my RPL (Repeated Pregnancy Loss) testing. Yeah...they are giving me the works! Everything from Thyroid issues, to Chromosomes, to blood clotting, to immunities...all of it! My husband wasn't off the hook either! He had to go in to get his sperm tested, as well as his chromosomes. On top of that I had to go in for an HSG exam where they basically stick a tube in your cervix, inject a contrast dye and take a look at your uterus and fallopian tubes to see if there are any abnormalities there. But since I recently suffered another loss, she had me reschedule that for the following month to allow my uterine lining to return to normal.

   So much stuff to check for, it's amazing! My doctor said there was a 60% chance they would find something - and a 40% chance that they won't. She said don't get discouraged if you are in the 40%....that means there is nothing really wrong and everything has just been really bad luck. But the chances of having a healthy baby are great! Part of me wanted to fall in that 40%....but another part of me wanted answers!! How could it just be realllllly bad luck 4 times in a row? I mean, I know I walk around sometimes with a gray cloud over my head...but my luck hasn't been THAT terrible! Guess we will see...

No comments:

Post a Comment