Monday, September 28, 2015

The Gameplan

Looks like I am all caught up now! I started this blog after all of this had happened, and wanted to move forward sharing my experiences as they come from here on out. So this is the most recent and up to date entry. Last week, Sept 22. we had our followup with the doctor to go over the gameplan. My doctor believes that the issues are stemming from my blood clotting disorders, so she is going to put me on a cocktail of medications for the next time (which will be after this cycle).

  Basically, the recipe is going to consist of:

- Daily Lovenox (a blood thinner) injections. Yes I have to take a needle and inject this medication into my stomach for the next God willing 36 weeks. If I make it that far, after 36 weeks I will switch to Heparin (another blood thinner) and will up the dosage to 2 shots in the belly a day until the baby is born. Then I will be put back on Lovenox for a good 6 weeks post labor. This will help prevent and/or breakdown any clots from forming while pregnant. I will get started on this medication on day 3 after ovulation (even before I even get a positive pregnancy test) to be sure no clots form during implantation.

- Baby Aspirin. Another blood thinner. Lovenox basically protects me from blood clots - baby aspirin protects the baby. Lovenox does not cross the placenta...baby aspirin does. That's the difference between the two. With my conditions, I will have to take baby aspirin every day for the rest of my life.

- Metanx - it's a non synthetic form of Folic Acid since my body has a hard time breaking it down due to the MTHFR. It also contains B6 and B12.

- Progesterone - Have to take this the entire 1st trimester to help keep my uterine lining nice and thick for baby.

- Calcium - Lovenox really takes a toll on your bones so I have to keep them strong with calcium tablets

- MultiVitamins - to go along with the Metanx
- Prenatal DHA - to help avoid neural defects
- Vitamin D3 - since I was low and it plays an important roll in pregnancy

And there you have it. Blah.



No comments:

Post a Comment